Today we will discuss the chain of title, and what it takes to constitute notice (either actual or constructive).
Here are some diagrams of the land at issue in Guilette v. Daly Dry Wall, courtesy of dukeminier-property.com
And here is a map. Note–all single-family homes.
Here are a number of links about Title Insurance in Texas, which we will go over in class:
- Terms of Texas Title Insurance – http://www.tdi.texas.gov/pubs/consumer/cb058.html
- See generally – http://www.tdi.texas.gov/title/index.html
- Title Insurance Rates- http://www.tdi.texas.gov/orders/titlerates2004.html ($50,000 property pays $503 premium, $100,000 property is $843)
- Title Insurance Forms- http://www.tdi.texas.gov/title/titlemm2.html
- Owner’s Policy of Title Insurance: http://www.tdi.texas.gov/title/titlem2b.html#Form T-1
By the way, did any of you check the typo on the Liberty Bell in the lobby? Idem Sonans.