During the second week in June, my commentary shifted from talking about the travel ban to talking about Comey’s testimony on Capital Hill, and the investigation by Director Mueller.
- America Needs Closure on the Travel Ban, N.Y. Times (June 11, 2017).
- Senate Republicans put Trump on notice, Politico Magazine (June 8, 2017).
- Guest on AirTalk with Larry Mantle to discuss Maryland and District of Columbia’s Emoluments Clause suit, KPCC National Public Radio (June 12, 2017) (Audio).
- Cited in Politico symposium on the Comey hearing, Washington Post (June 8, 2017).
- Guest on Canadian Broadcasting Channel to discuss Comey’s testimony (June 8, 2017) (Video).
- Guest on the Heritage Foundation’s SCOTUS 101 Podcast to discuss Trump’s Short List (June 6, 2017) (Audio).
- Quoted in Harris County takes bail suit to U.S. Supreme Court, Houston Chronicle (June 6, 2017).
Josh Blackman, a civil law expert at South Texas College of Law-Houston who is not involved in the case, said the county must comply with Rosenthal’s ruling regardless of an appeal to the Supreme Court.
Blackman and another independent expert – David Coale, a partner with the Dallas law firm Lynn Pinker Cox and Hurst – said the 5th Circuit judges who issued the ruling were a “representative cross-section” of the full court, with two Republican appointees and one Obama appointee.
- Quoted in Harris County appeals bail case ruling to U.S. Supreme Court, Houston Chronicle (June 6, 2017).