Class 16 – 3/7/17
Affirmative Action I
- Affirmative Action (957 – 958)
- Regents of the University of California v. Bakke (959 – 967)
- Adarand v. Pena (988 – 998)
- Grutter v. Bollinger (968 – 979)
- Gratz v. Bollinger (979 – 982)
- Parents Involved in Community Schools v. Seattle School District No. 1 (982 – 988)
The lecture notes are here.
Regents of the University of California v. Bakke
This is Allan Bakke, who graduated from the U.C. Davis medical school after the Supreme Court ruled in his favor.
Adarand v. Pena
Here is a photograph of a barrier built by Adarand Constructors
Michigan Affirmative Action Cases
This is Jennifer Gratz, the lead plaintiff in Gratz v. Bollinger:
This is the University of Michigan Office of Undergraduate Admission.