The lecture notes are here.
The First Amendment – Free Exercise
- Summary (836-838).
- Freedom of Religion (1103-1104).
- Madisons’ Memorial and Remonstrance against Religious Assessments (1104-1106).
- The Free Exercise Clause (1110-1111).
- Wisconsin v. Yoder (1113-1116)
- Employment Division v. Smith (1116-1124).
- Note 7 on Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) (1126-1127)
- Reading on Hobby Lobby & RFRA
- Same-Sex Marriage and Religious Liberty
- Church of the Lukumi (1128-1129)
- Establishment Clause (1133).