Justice Thomas certainly had a busy weekend. He wrote in every case today.
- First, he issued a dissental in County of Maricopa v. Lopez-Valenzuela.
- Second, he wrote a dissent in Elonis v. United States.
- Third, he wrote a dissent in in EEOC v. Abercrombie & Fitch Stores, Inc.
- Fourth, he wrote the majority opinion in Bank of America, N. A. v. Caulkett (although he lost Justices Kennedy, Breyer, and Sotomayor “as to the footnote.”)
- Fifth, he wrote a dissent in Mellouli v. Lynch.
As Jon Adler noted, CT was en fuego!
Justice Thomas is on fire today. Five opinions, though only four decided cases today. #SCOTUS
— Jonathan H. Adler (@jadler1969) June 1, 2015