Today we will conclude our study of zoning with a discussion about Houston’s lack of a zoning code, and what it means. Here are the readings for today:
- Changing the plans America’s oil capital is throwing up a few environmental surprises
- Zoning Without Zoning
- Houston, New York Has A Problem (bonus for finding the reference to where I went to high school)
- Land Use in the Unzoned City
- How Overregulation Creates Sprawl (Even in a City without Zoning) – pp. 1-15
- Four Land Vignettes From (Unzoned?) Houston – pp. 1-9, 25-28
Also, here is a graph that illustrates how eminent domain takings focus on areas of minorities and those with low education. It will be relevant to our discussion on zoning.