Howard Bashman (via Jess Bravin) links to a speech Justice Ginsburg gave before the Otsego County Bar Association. In the speech, she lists some of the best questions from oral arguments this Term.
See if you can match the quote with the Justice and the case.
- What did James Madison think about video games?
- Isn’t evidence always destroyed when marijuana is smoked? Isn’t it being burnt up?
- Does Al-Qaeda know all this stuf?
- Why are you here?
- Why are we all here?
- I know your client doesn’t care. But we still have to write an opinion. So what’s the answer?
- Is the snake covered?
- Where is the 9,000-foot cow?
- What do you think about Satan?
Answers below the fold.
- Brown v. EMA (Alito, J).
- Kentucky v. King (Kennedy, J.).
- NASA v. Nelson (Scalia, J.).
- Camreta v. Greene (Roberts, C.J.).
- Cullen v. Pinholster (Breyer, J.).
- Global-Tech Appliances, Inc. v. SEB S.A. (Breyer, J.).
- CSX Transp. Inc. v. McBride (Scalia, J.).
- AT&T Mobility v. Concepion (Breyer, J.).
- Matrixx Initiatives v. Siracusano (Scalia, J.).
So what’s the final score? Scalia-3, Breyer-3, Roberts-1, Alito-1, and Kennedy-1.
Cross-posted at ConcurringOpinions.com.