Update:For the liveblogs, please check out the home page at www.JoshBlackman.com.
Also, take a look at my post on the tone of the ACS v. the tone of the Federalist Society. The ACS leadership, which calls the Federalist Society’s philosophy a “noxious brew” strikes me as overly divisive.
Here is a tentative schedule of the panels I will be liveblogging:
- Richard Cordray, Attorney General, State of Ohio
- Mariano-Florentino (Tino) Cuéllar, Special Assistant to the President for Justice and Regulatory Policy, White House Domestic Policy Council.
- John Podesta, President and Chief Executive Officer, Center for American Progress
- Judge Richard A. Posner, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit Lois J. Schiffer, General Counsel for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Damon A. Silvers, Director of Policy and Special Counsel, AFL-CIO
11:15 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
Healthcare after Reform: Opportunities, Implementation, and Challenges
- Jack M. Balkin, Professor of Law, Yale Law School
- Randy E. Barnett, Carmack Waterhouse Professor of Legal Theory, Georgetown University Law Center
- Lisalyn R. Jacobs, Vice President for Government Relations, Legal Momentum Simon Lazarus, Public Policy Counsel, National Senior Citizens Law Center Judith L. Lichtman, Senior Advisor, National Partnership for Women & Families Neera Tanden, Chief Operating Officer, Center for American Progress
1:15 – 2:30 p.m. Luncheon
Featuring Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano
- Susan A. Bandes, Professor of Law, DePaul University College of Law
- Elizabeth E. Joh, Professor of Law, UC Davis School of Law
- Orin S. Kerr, Professor of Law, George Washington University Law School
- Jeffrey Rosen, Professor of Law, George Washington University Law School
- Marc Zwillinger, Partner, Zwillinger Genetski LLP
5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Plenary *
Immigration Reform: Congress and the States
- Antonia Hernández, President and Chief Executive Officer, California Community Foundation
- Gabriel J. (Jack) Chin, Professor of Law, University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law.
- Thomas A. Saenz, President and General Counsel, MALDEF.
- Mary Rose Wilcox, Supervisor, Maricopa County Board of Supervisors
Fortunately, I will be in good company, as many of the Volokh conspiratorswill be in attendance.