In this lecture we cover:
- Exclusive jurisdiction (14:00), with a fun discussion of the constitutionality of exclusive jurisdiction at 17:00
- Mottley and the well-pleaded complaint rule (17:00))
- Advisory opinions, and make a timely Alito, J. joke at 52:10
- the constitutionality of advisory opinions at 56:00
- the meaning of “arising under” for purposes of federal questions with a focus on American Well Works, Smith, Merrell Dow, and Grabel v. Darue.
- Pendent Jurisdiction & Gibbs
- Finley, Supplemental Jurisdiction and 28 U.S.C. 1367
Click here to download the file.
Click here to subscribe to all my JoshCasts and Lectures on iTunes