Welcome to Constitutional Law. You can find the link to the syllabus here.
Please complete the reading for the first day of class:
Class 1 – 8/13/18
- The Origins of the Constitution (3-4)
- The Declaration of Independence (4-12)
- The Articles of Confederation (31-32)
- Read the Articles of Confederation (li-lvi)
- Drafting and Ratifying the Constitution (32-35)
- Read the Constitution of the United States (xxxiii – xlii).
- The Federalist Papers (35-36)
- Federalist No. 10 (36-41).
- Federalist No. 78 (41-46)
- Federalist No. 51 (46-50)
- The Origins of the Bill of Rights and Anti-Federalist Complaints (50-51)
- James Madison Delivers on the Promise of a Bill of Rights (56)
- Read the Amendments to the Constitution (xlii-l)
Note: Read these documents in their entirety. They’re not long. And no one should graduate law school without reading them at least once.