Class 26 – 4/18/17
The First Amendment Speech II
- R.A.V. v. City of St. Paul (1187 – 1192)
- Stanley v. Georgia (1324 – 1327)
- Miller v. California (1327 – 1331)
- Ashcroft v. Free Speech Coalition (1332 – 1338)
- United States v. Stevens (1343 – 1352)
- Brown v. Entertainment Merchants Ass’n (1352- 1370)
The lecture notes are here.
Brown v. EMA
This is Leeland Yee, who sponsored the law at issue in EMA.
Ironically, Yee was sentenced to five years in prison for “promising votes and guns to an undercover agent who was funneling him contributions.”
Here is a protestor dressed up like Super Mario outside arguments in EMA.
And an awesome image of Justice Scalia as Rambo.